Thursday, May 04, 2006

Welcome to Matters Academic...

Peace, one and all...
Ahlan wa Sahlan and welcome to my new blog Matters Academic. This blog will, insha Allah (or God willing), be a space for me to publicise my academic work. I intend to post material relating to previous studies, as well as drafts of projects I'm currently working on. I also hope to post extended essays on a number of topics.
As you will see, I already have a number of blogs. The main one is Abdur Rahman's Corner. Here, you will find my thoughts on a wide range of topics. In particular, these mostly relate to my religious and spiritual interests. I am a Muslim (and have been so for some 7 years). You can find out more about that side of my life at the Corner. 'Abdur Rahman' is my Muslim name and in this sense, it also functions as a nom de plume.
I work in the Religious & Theological Studies department of a University in South Wales, Britain, where I do a number of things. I hold a first class degree in History from Lancaster University and an MA in Ancient History from the University of Wales Lampeter. I also have a PGCE in Post-compulsory Education and Training. In other words, as you might guess, I work in and am passionate about, Higher Education. Not surprisingly, therefore, I have my very own education blog (called Matters Educational). Here, you will find my thoughts on the theory and practice of education. You will also find a number of essays and reflections on key educational topics.
Ma'as salama,
Abdur Rahman

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home